I feel it is very important to give back to the community but unfortunately there are not enough hours in the day between work, school and kids. I do my best by volunteering at my kids activities. Its not much but at the end of the day it is so rewarding to see kids have fun and the smiles… priceless…
Not only have I enjoyed spending time with my kids but I got rewarded for it. For the past couple of years I have received some awards… I am grateful for being recognized… speechless more like it…
- 2016 Colleen McAvoy Memorial Award (Female Referee of the Year) San Mateo AYSO
- 2015 U12 Boys Outstanding Assistant Referee Ying Chang Memorial Award, San Mateo AYSO
- 2014 U10 Girls Outstanding Assistant Referee Ying Chang Memorial Award, San Mateo AYSO
- Serve as a volunteer referee for AYSO in San Mateo 2012 – present
- Volunteer baseball and softball scorekeeper • Historian for the SMDA 2011-present (active Board member for the San Mateo Dance Association (SMDA))
- Involved with community panel to evaluate the recreation centers of San Mateo; our evaluation was presented to the city of San Mateo
To add to the list, I have been a team manager, team parent, softball & baseball scorekeeper, soccer assistant referee and helped with Girl Scout activities.
Outside the household, I have served as a volunteer for hospice care and AIDS patients where I would assist people in grocery shopping and spending time. I currently serve as the Historian on the San Mateo Dance Association where we sponsor two dance shows throughout the year and provide support to fitness/dance programs as a surrogate to the City of San Mateo.